FX-2000 New Technician Training (Central Standard Time)
February 23 @ 9:30 am - February 25 @ 4:30 pm
Mircom™ is pleased to offer our FX-2000™ Technical Training Course to be held Online. The registration fee includes online class interaction with the instructor, practical exercises with heavy reference to product manuals/programming software, and detailed technical presentations.
Start times are determined by Time Zone constraints and will be noted in the online classroom, however each session will begin with a Microsoft teams meeting. An invite will be sent out prior to the first day of training. Afternoons will be spent as self study with periodic check ins to give trainees guidance, and assistance. All self study material will be located on a google classroom environment.
This course will run between 9:30 am – 4:30 pm central standard time. An email with Google Classroom access details will be sent by the instructor after training registration is complete.
Kindly note that this course is available to ESDs within the North American time zones. ESD technicians whom operate in the United States, Canada, and the West Indies are welcome to register for class.
The deadline to submit your enrollment form and to complete payment for this course will be Wednesday, February 17th.
Enrollment applications received after this date will be ignored.
Class Enrollment and Course Pricing
Before registering for the 3 Day FX-2000 Technical Training Class, kindly note that enrollment will only be accepted if approved by your local sales representative.
This is a 3-day Technical Training class that aims to certify new technicians that have no prior experience with installing and servicing FX-2000 Fire Alarm Panels. The 3 Day FX-2000 Technical Training course will be offered to each enrolling technician at $1500 CDN.
*Please note that the prices listed above do not include local provincial or state taxes which will be applied once an invoice has been sent to your employer.*
*For ESDs operating in the United States and West Indies, the course price will upon invoicing be converted from Canadian dollars to US dollars, according to current exchange rates.*
FX-2000 SKEY-USBs and UIMA Cable Kits
When registering online technicians have the opportunity to purchase FX-2000 WIBU keys and UIMA cable kits separately. SKEY-USBs and UIMA cable kits are priced at $100 CDN and $75 CDN respectively. Technicians who place their orders online can expect to see their equipment delivered to them on the last day of class.
Technical Laptop/PC Specifications Required for Class
Attendees will require a Windows PC, preferably a laptop, with the following minimum specifications: (A laptop is needed for portability when connecting to control equipment):
- 1.33GHz CPU or better with at least 4 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 10 preferred.
- An additional monitor is required to follow along with online instructor led sessions while participating with coding assignments.
- 2 USB ports will be required when connecting to equipment in the future. (one for the Codemeter security key and the other for the panel interface cable.)
- A functional microphone and webcam. (webcam is required to verify a single learner is participating.)
- Ensure computer access to high speed internet connection
For all existing ESDs we STRONGLY encourage all trainees to download the FX-2000 Configurator from the Mircom ESD website.
*Failure to meet these technical requirements may negatively affect the learning experience of the attending technician. Mircom is not responsible for any technical issues that the training attendee may experience with their computer equipment or internet connection during the training course.
Preparation Before Attending Class
Before you attend the in-class session it is expected that you successfully complete the following online product review courses. Kindly note you will need to log into the Mircom website before you can access the training below.
FX-2000 – Online Product Review Course:
Training Payment Policy
*Within 48 hours of registration for in-class training, a sales confirmation order with the owed course enrollment fees will be emailed to the registering technician and company.*
Mircom has a mandatory “immediate payment policy” where the course enrollment fees must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course. Failure to make full payments before class start date will result in the forfeiting of your reserved spot in class, as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. Any enrollment fees owing will also result in the delayed issuing of ordered materials including; FleX-Net programming key, MGC Cable Kit, and Training Certificate.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for the enrollment fee can be made via credit card by downloading and completing the Credit Card Authorization Form at the following link below:
In your email please include the following information.
Customer Account #
Amount Being Sent
Date of the Training Session attended
ATTN: Accounts Receivable
Training Cancellation Policy
All Mircom Technologies Ltd. and MGC Systems Corp. (“Mircom”) training sessions will be subject to the following cancellation policy, which Mircom may change from time to time in its discretion without provision of notice to any person, whatsoever.
If the registrant in unable to attend, the following options are available to them:
- Substitute someone else to attend in their place on the condition that Mircom is notified of the substitution and provided with the requisite identification information for the substitute attendee, at least one (1) business day before the event;
- Have 100% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) on the condition that Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend before the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom; or
- Have 85% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) if Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend after the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom. The remaining portion of the fee will be retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration cost, and not as penalty.
For clarity, if Mircom does not receive notice, as stated above, substitutions will not be allowed and 100% of the fee will be non-refundable and retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration costs, and not as a penalty, without responsibility to registrant or others.
Mircom may cancel the event if it deems appropriate to do so, including due to not achieving minimum attendance deemed appropriate by Mircom for the specific event, unexpected illness or other reason for unavailability of trainers, or other extraordinary or force majeure reasons. In the event of such cancellation by Mircom, at the registrant’s option, the fee paid to Mircom will be refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events.
Should you have any further questions feel free to reach out to Mircom’s Corporate Training and Development Team.
For all general training inquiries related to training registration, training content, issuing training certificates, expiry date extensions and more kindly reach out to the Mircom Training Group.
Mircom Corporate Training and Development Team
Credit Card & Payment Inquiries
For all inquiries involving credit card payment and invoicing, kindly reach out to Jonathan Yuen.
Trainer and Development Coordinator
Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5W3, Canada
Telephone: 905-660-4655 ext: 2145