FX-2000, 1 Day Re-Certification -Online Instruction
Mircom™ is pleased to offer our FX-2000™ Technical Training Course to be held Online via Google Classroom. The registration fee includes online class interaction with the instructor, practical exercises with heavy reference to product manuals/programming software, and detailed technical presentations. After the conclusion of the course, attendees will receive a training certificate by email and will have their FX-2000 key expiry dates extended
Online classroom interaction will occur once in the morning. The session will be approximately 2.5 hours long, afternoons will be used to work on assignments as self study, with the instructor being available for minimal guidance. All self study material will be located on a google classroom environment. Start times are determined by Time Zone constraints and will be noted in the online classroom. An email with Classroom access will be sent out a day prior to the beginning of the class.
Kindly note that this course is available to ESDs within the North American time zones. ESD technicians whom operate in the United States, Canada, and the West Indies are welcome to register for class.
Class Enrollment and Course Pricing
Before registering for the 1 Day Online Refresher class, kindly note that this is a 1-day Refresher class to re-certify existing technicians with experience installing and servicing FX-2000 Fire Alarm Panels that had also previously attended a Mircom 3 Day FX-2000 Technical Training class. The 1-Day FX-2000 Online Refresher course will be offered to each enrolling technician at $500 CDN.
*Please note that the prices listed above do not include local provincial taxes which will be applied once an invoice has been sent to your employer.*
*For ESDs operating in the United States and West Indies, the course price will upon invoicing be converted from Canadian dollars to US dollars, according to current exchange rates.*
Technical Laptop/PC Specifications Required for Class
Attendees will require a Windows PC, preferably a laptop, with the following minimum specifications: (A laptop is needed for portability when connecting to control equipment):
- 1.33GHz CPU or better with at least 4 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 10 preferred.
- An additional monitor is required to follow along with online instructor led sessions while participating with coding assignments.
- 2 USB ports will be required when connecting to equipment in the future. (one for the Codemeter security key and the other for the panel interface cable.)
- A functional microphone and webcam. (webcam is required to verify a single learner is participating.)
- Ensure computer access to high speed internet connection
For all existing ESDs we STRONGLY encourage all trainees to download the FX-2000 Configurator from the Mircom ESD website.
*Failure to meet these technical requirements may negatively affect the learning experience of the attending technician. Mircom is not responsible for any technical issues that the training attendee may experience with their computer equipment or internet connection during the training course.
Preparation Before Attending Class
Before you attend the in-class session it is expected that you successfully complete the following online product review courses. Kindly note you will need to log into the Mircom website before you can access the training below.
FX-2000 – Online Product Review Course:
Training Payment Policy
*Within 48 hours of registration for in-class training, a sales confirmation order with the owed course enrollment fees will be emailed to the registering technician and company.*
Mircom has a mandatory “immediate payment policy” where the course enrollment fees must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course. Failure to make full payments before class start date will result in the forfeiting of your reserved spot in class, as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. Any enrollment fees owing will also result in the delayed renewal of the FX2000 WIBU key and the issuing of the Training Certificate.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for the enrollment fee can be made via credit card by downloading and completing the Credit Card Authorization Form at the following link below:
In your email please include the following information.
Customer Account #
Amount Being Sent
Date of the Training Session attended
ATTN: Accounts Receivable
Training Cancellation Policy
All Mircom Technologies Ltd. and MGC Systems Corp. (“Mircom”) training sessions will be subject to the following cancellation policy, which Mircom may change from time to time in its discretion without provision of notice to any person, whatsoever.
If the registrant in unable to attend, the following options are available to them:
- Substitute someone else to attend in their place on the condition thatMircom is notified of the substitution and provided with the requisite identification information for the substitute attendee, at least one (1) business day before the event;
- Have 100% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) on the condition thatMircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend before the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom; or
- Have 85% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) if Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend after the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom. The remaining portion of the fee will be retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration cost, and not as penalty.
For clarity, if Mircom does not receive notice, as stated above, substitutions will not be allowed and 100% of the fee will be non-refundable and retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration costs, and not as a penalty, without responsibility to registrant or others.
Mircom may cancel the event if it deems appropriate to do so, including due to not achieving minimum attendance deemed appropriate by Mircom for the specific event, unexpected illness or other reason for unavailability of trainers, or other extraordinary or force majeure reasons. In the event of such cancellation by Mircom, at the registrant’s option, the fee paid to Mircom will be refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events.
Should you have any further questions feel free to reach out to Mircom’s Corporate Training and Development Team.
For all general training inquiries related to training registration, training content, issuing training certificates, expiry date extensions and more kindly reach out to the Mircom Training Group.
Mircom Corporate Training and Development Team
Credit Card & Payment Inquiries
For all inquiries involving credit card payment and invoicing, kindly reach out to Jonathan Yuen.
Trainer and Development Coordinator
Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5W3, Canada
Telephone: 905-660-4655 ext: 2145