Mircom™ is pleased to offer an online course for FX-4000N New Technician Training. This course has been designed for technicians without prior FleXNet experience, to familiarize themselves with the FX-4000N product and its features. After the conclusion of the course, attendees who have successfully passed the course will receive a training certificate by email.
Once the customer has paid for the course, they will receive a link to join the course via an online classroom environment. An overview of the class curriculum will be available as well as the class calendar for the live stream event times. The class size is limited to 10 technicians.
*Technicians will be required to use a Codemeter programming key, FX-NET-SKEY-BLANK and UIMA adapter to operate the FX-4000 panel. ESDs will be unable to utilize SKEY-USB wibu keys to operate FX-4000 panels. For those ESDs that don’t have a UIMA adapter we recommend that the MGC-CONFIG-KIT4 be ordered. For more information about ordering the FX-NET-SKEY-BLANK and MGC-CONFIG-KIT4 please scroll down*
This course will begin at 9:30 am central standard time. An email with online classroom environment access details will be sent after training registration is completed.
FX4000N New Technician Course Outline
This is a technical certification course for new technicians without previous FleXNet training. The course is delivered online with self-guided prerequisite work followed by 2 days of ILT (instructor led training).
Self-guided pre-requisite course work, (6-8 hours), is assigned one week ahead of the online Instructor Led Training (ILT) sessions. Pre-requisite course work is mandatory and requires completion prior to entrance admission for the online ILT sessions.
There is a total of four ILT Sessions (each approximately 2.5hrs) over 2 consecutive days.
The mandatory prerequisite course work has the following modules, lessons, and quizzes:
- Overall feature
- Main Board
- Expansion Bus
- Main Display
- Display adders
- External Adders
- AP Sensors
- AP Modules
- CLIP Devices
- MIX-4000 Devices
- Code Meter
- Network Systems
ILT (Instructor Led Training) Sessions:
Session 1 – Basic panel configuration
Session 2 – Audio
Session 3 – Networking
Session 4 – Advanced Logic
Assignment projects are issued after each session, requiring submission for grading, 5 days after the last ILT Session.
Pre-requisite Course material:
The first stage of the course is self-guided with material assignments and short quizzes. A link for access to the course will be made available on June 5th to attendees who have been enrolled.
- Sign in and join the course. (Online Classroom environment)
2. Complete the prerequisite self-guided course curriculum.
3. CodeMeter key will not be required for course materials.
4. This will take approx. 6-8 hours to complete, please plan accordingly
5. All quizzes and assignments are tracked and graded.
Due Date to complete the pre-requisite material is typically 24-48 hours prior to the first Instructor led Session and will be noted in the online class environment.
Completion of prerequisite course material is MANDATORY. Attendees that do not successfully complete this material, will not be granted access to instructor led sessions (ILT) and will be unable to attain certification.
Instructor Led Training:
The course content will provide specific ILT event dates and times. The instructor led training sessions will be conducted on June 14 – June 15. These sessions will use Microsoft Teams Meeting platform. A Microsoft Office 365 account is not required to join a meeting as a guest.
The instructor led sessions will be presented over 2 days with a morning session and an afternoon session each day. Assignments will be issued and graded, and a pass/fail grade given.
Laptop/PC Specifications Required for Class
Attendees will require a Windows PC, preferably a laptop, with the following minimum specifications: (A laptop is needed for portability when connecting to control equipment):
- 1.33GHz CPU or better with at least 4 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 10 preferred.
- Second display monitor is required for the instructor led sessions. The attendee will need to be able to view the instructors shared screen and work with the configurator software at the same time.
- Functional microphone and camera. (Webcam is required to verify a single learner is participating.)
- Ensure computer access to high-speed internet connection
Failure to meet these technical requirements may result in removal from the course, and/or negatively affect the learning experience of the attending technician. Mircom is not responsible for any technical issues that the training attendee may experience with their computer equipment or internet connection during the training course.
Preparations before attending class
Sign in and join the classroom course online (Online Classroom environment). A classroom code or invite will be sent to the email provided for the learner prior to the start of the course.
- Follow the instructions in the course curriculum outline.
- Complete any prerequisite course material as required.
- Join the ILT sessions on the date and time shown in the online course environment.
Class Enrollment Details and Course Pricing
FX-4000N New Technician Course – One attendee
- $2000 + tax per person*
- For new technicians that have no prior FleXNet Product Training.
(Programming keys and panel connection kits are not included.)
*Please note that the prices listed above do not include local taxes which will be applied as required.
Within 48 hours of registration for instructor led training, a sales confirmation order with the owed course enrollment fees will be emailed to the registering technician and company.
Course enrollment fees must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course. Failure to make full payments before class start date will result in the forfeiting of your reserved spot in class, as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. Any enrollment fees owing will also result in the delayed issuing of Training Certificates.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for the enrollment fee should be made via credit card by downloading and completing the Credit Card Authorization Form at the following link below:
Credit Card Authorization Form
Please complete the form and email it to [email protected] and [email protected]
In your email, please include the following information.
Customer Account #
Amount Being Sent
Date of the Training Session attended
ATTN: Accounts Receivable
CodeMeter Keys and MGC Cable Kits
CodeMeter programming keys (sold separately) will be activated for 2 years of use in the field upon successful completion of the course.
Keys and Cable Kits are not included with the course enrollment fees and must be ordered separately by contacting our Customer Service Department. The following product part numbers can be used order the CodeMeter Keys and MGC Cable Kits. Contact Mircom Customer Service for pricing details for each item listed below:
Mircom’s Customer Service Department can be reached at the following email address: [email protected]
Training Cancellation Policy
All Mircom Technologies Ltd. and MGC Systems Corp. (“Mircom”) training sessions will be subject to the following cancellation policy, which Mircom may change from time to time in its discretion without provision of notice to any person, whatsoever.
If the registrant in unable to attend, the following options are available to them:
- Substitute someone else to attend in their place on the condition that Mircom is notified of the substitution and provided with the requisite identification information for the substitute attendee, at least one (1) business day before the start of the course: or
- Have 100% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) on the condition that Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend before the deadline for registration for the course, as published by Mircom; or
- Have 85% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) if Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend after the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom. The remaining portion of the fee will be retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration cost, and not as penalty.
For clarity, if Mircom does not receive notice, as stated above, substitutions will not be allowed and 100% of the fee will be non-refundable and retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration costs, and not as a penalty, without responsibility to registrant or others.
Mircom may cancel the course if it deems appropriate to do so, including due to not achieving minimum attendance deemed appropriate by Mircom for the specific course, unexpected illness, or other reason for unavailability of trainers, or other extraordinary or force majeure reasons. In the event of such cancellation by Mircom, at the registrant’s option, the fee paid to Mircom will be refunded by check, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events.
Should you have any further questions feel free to reach out to Mircom’s Training and Development Team.
For all general training inquiries related to training registration, training content, issuing training certificates, expiry date extensions and more please contact the Mircom Training and development team.
Mircom Training and Development
Email: [email protected]
Credit Card & Payment Inquiries
For all inquiries involving credit card payment and invoicing, kindly reach out to Jonathan Yuen.
Trainer and Development Coordinator
Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5W3, Canada
Telephone: 905-660-4655 ext: 2145
Email: [email protected]