FX4000 Transition Training Course Canada
June 8 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Mircom™ is pleased to offer an online course for FX-4000 Transition Training Course. This course has been designed for technicians with previous FX-2000 training certification to become knowledgeable and prepared to work with the FX-4000 as a replacement product. This course will instruct technicians to work with FX-4000 non-network systems with or without audio. After the conclusion of the course, attendees who have successfully passed the course will receive a training certificate by email.
Kindly note it is mandatory for technicians to hold FX-2000 Training Certification in order to enroll in this course. Once the customer has paid for the course, they will receive a link to join the course via an online classroom environment. An overview of the class curriculum will be available as well as the class calendar for the live stream event times. The class size is limited to 10 technicians.
This course will begin at 9:30 am central standard time. An email with online classroom environment access details will be sent after training registration is completed.
Cut-off date for registering and completing payment is May 27, 2022. Please register before May 27 to ensure a spot in the course.
FX4000 Transition Training Course Outline
This is a technical certification course for technicians with previous FX-2000 training certification. The course is delivered online with self-guided prerequisite work followed by 1 day of ILT (instructor led training).
Self-guided pre-requisite course work, (6-8 hours), is assigned one week ahead of the online Instructor Led Training (ILT) sessions. Pre-requisite course work is mandatory and requires completion prior to entrance admission for the online ILT sessions.
There is a total of two ILT Sessions (each approximately 2.5hrs) over 1 day.
Pre-requisite Course material:
The first stage of the course is self-guided with material assignments and short quizzes. The majority of the training content will focus on the FX-2000. A link for access to the course will be made available on May 30th to attendees who have been enrolled.
- Sign in and join the course. (Online Classroom environment)
2. Complete the prerequisite self-guided course curriculum.
3. CodeMeter key will not be required for course materials.
4. This will take approx. 6-8 hours to complete, please plan accordingly
5. All quizzes and assignments are tracked and graded.
Due Date to complete the pre-requisite material is typically 24-48 hours prior to the first Instructor led Session and will be noted in the online class environment.
Completion of prerequisite course material is MANDATORY. Attendees that do not successfully complete this material, will not be granted access to instructor led sessions (ILT) and will be unable to attain certification.
ILT (Instructor Led Training) Sessions:
The instructor led training sessions will be conducted on June 8th. These sessions will use Microsoft Teams Meeting platform. A Microsoft Office 365 account is not required to join a meeting as a guest.
The instructor led sessions will be presented in 1 day with a morning session and an afternoon session. Assignments will be issued and graded, and a pass/fail grade given.
The session will begin with the Instructor opening the floor to any questions that attendees have regarding the FX-2000 pre-requisite modules and assignment. Directly after the instructor will deliver a presentation covering FX-4000 with the following topics including:
- Overview of the job information
- Options & Check Boxes
- Signal Codes and Rate
- User Preferences
Following the conclusion of the presentation the instructor will introduce to attendees the first FX-4000 assignment using the configurator.
The afternoon session will begin with the instructor opening the floor to any questions that attendees may have regarding the morning session’s course material. This will be will transition into the second assignment with more review of the configurator including display adders, loop adder modules, and the audio controller.
Assignment projects are issued after each session, requiring submission for grading, 5 days after the last ILT Session.
Laptop/PC Specifications Required for Class
Attendees will require a Windows PC, preferably a laptop, with the following minimum specifications: (A laptop is needed for portability when connecting to control equipment):
- 1.33GHz CPU or better with at least 4 GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 10 preferred.
- Second display monitor is required for the instructor led sessions. The attendee will need to be able to view the instructors shared screen and work with the configurator software at the same time.
- Functional microphone and camera. (Webcam is required to verify a single learner is participating.)
- Ensure computer access to high-speed internet connection
Failure to meet these technical requirements may result in removal from the course, and/or negatively affect the learning experience of the attending technician. Mircom is not responsible for any technical issues that the training attendee may experience with their computer equipment or internet connection during the training course.
Preparations before attending class
Sign in and join the classroom course online (Online Classroom environment). A classroom code or invite will be sent to the email provided for the learner prior to the start of the course.
- Follow the instructions in the course curriculum outline.
- Complete any prerequisite course material as required.
- Join the ILT sessions on the date and time shown in the online course environment.
Class Enrollment Details and Course Pricing
FX-4000 Transition Training Course – One attendee
- $250 + tax per person*
- For technicians that have prior FX2000 Product Training.
(Programming keys and panel connection kits are not included.)
*Please note that the prices listed above do not include local taxes which will be applied as required.
Within 48 hours of registration for instructor led training, a sales confirmation order with the owed course enrollment fees will be emailed to the registering technician and company.
Course enrollment fees must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course. Failure to make full payments before class start date will result in the forfeiting of your reserved spot in class, as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. Any enrollment fees owing will also result in the delayed issuing of Training Certificates.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for the enrollment fee should be made via credit card by downloading and completing the Credit Card Authorization Form at the following link below:
In your email, please include the following information.
Customer Account #
Amount Being Sent
Date of the Training Session attended
ATTN: Accounts Receivable
CodeMeter Keys and MGC Cable Kits
Keys and Cable Kits are not included with the course enrollment fees and must be ordered separately by contacting our Customer Service Department. The following product part numbers can be used order the CodeMeter Keys and MGC Cable Kits. Contact Mircom Customer Service for pricing details for each item listed below:
Mircom’s Customer Service Department can be reached at the following email address: email@example.com
Training Cancellation Policy
All Mircom Technologies Ltd. and MGC Systems Corp. (“Mircom”) training sessions will be subject to the following cancellation policy, which Mircom may change from time to time in its discretion without provision of notice to any person, whatsoever.
If the registrant in unable to attend, the following options are available to them:
- Substitute someone else to attend in their place on the condition that Mircom is notified of the substitution and provided with the requisite identification information for the substitute attendee, at least one (1) business day before the start of the course: or
- Have 100% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) on the condition that Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend before the deadline for registration for the course, as published by Mircom; or
- Have 85% of the fee paid refunded by cheque, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events (at the registrant’s option) if Mircom receives written notice of registrant’s inability to attend after the deadline for registration for the event, as published by Mircom. The remaining portion of the fee will be retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration cost, and not as penalty.
For clarity, if Mircom does not receive notice, as stated above, substitutions will not be allowed and 100% of the fee will be non-refundable and retained by Mircom as a pre-estimate of the administration costs, and not as a penalty, without responsibility to registrant or others.
Mircom may cancel the course if it deems appropriate to do so, including due to not achieving minimum attendance deemed appropriate by Mircom for the specific course, unexpected illness, or other reason for unavailability of trainers, or other extraordinary or force majeure reasons. In the event of such cancellation by Mircom, at the registrant’s option, the fee paid to Mircom will be refunded by check, irrespective of method of payment, or be left with Mircom as credit towards future training events.
Should you have any further questions feel free to reach out to Mircom’s Training and Development Team.
For all general training inquiries related to training registration, training content, issuing training certificates, expiry date extensions and more please contact the Mircom Training and development team.
Mircom Training and Development
Credit Card & Payment Inquiries
For all inquiries involving credit card payment and invoicing, kindly reach out to Jonathan Yuen.
Trainer and Development Coordinator
Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5W3, Canada
Telephone: 905-660-4655 ext: 2145