- Power , environmental and ground issues:
- Ensure proper –steady voltage feed to the Telephone unit sheafed within its own cable;
- Ensure that the ground wire is a 18AWG/Stranded ( minimum) to the building’s bond as per NEC standards;
- Ensure that Telephone line is ran within its separate sheaf;
- Ensure that the ribbon cable is not pinched; and
- If the unit is outside, then ensure that the unit is properly shielded from the elements, a separate heater feed is installed within the unit’s housing and that no water can enter the unit;
- If the above is complete and keypads Latency persists then change out the keypad.